Friday, March 21, 2008

My Sunday outing to Stake Conference with 2 Apostles and 1 Seventy speaking to us.

Last Sunday I took my second big outing to our Stake Conference for the Murray Parkway Stake.
It have been over 10 years since Apostle, Elder Holland had come. A few ward members were really pushing for me to go. I thought we would have to use someones van with 2 x 6's to form a ramp for my wheelchair. I asked the nurse supervisor Crystal if I could go. She said yes and even offered the use of their van with the lift. My neighbor Jason Terry, a Physical Therapist drove. I got to shake all three General authorities hand. Elders Ballard, Wirthlin, and Huntsman, the Governor of Utah's father. During Elder Huntsman's talk he mentioned how nice it was for me, Brother Watson, to make it out today after the terrible accident I was in. Earlier during the conference, when our eyes met, he winked and waved at me. It is so nice that many of the General authorities are aware of me and my situation.

Afterward, about 30 or members of my ward came up and said Hi. Sister Mills even gave me a big hug. It was so nice to mingle with the saints after two months away.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Sounds like a great conference! I wish that I had been able to come. I'll be seeing you soon!